Its 31 October and it can only mean one thing – Halloween!
While Leeming Family (founders of AirCook for You) were busy exploring and picking up pumpkins at Yorkshire Pumpkins last Sunday (image below), our AirCook Hosts were getting busy to serve all sorts of foods at their establishments and many were gearing up to start a completely new food venture.
While all-time favourite foods are probably pumpkin pie and pumpkin soup, there are few others that rarely seem to make the Halloween feast. Here is one recipe we always love to make and while its simple, it could also become your family’s autumn favourite! Also, many of the stores and supermarkets now carry purred pumpkin, so if you love this recipe, you can make it any time of the year.
What you will need:
- 150g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar or soft brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 250ml milk
- 120g cooked pumpkin (pureed)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl or dish.
- Whisk milk, pureed pumpkin, egg and oil together in a bowl. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until combined. The batter will be lumpy but that’s OK!
- Heat a lightly oiled flat griddle or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Drop pancake batter by large spoonfuls onto the pan and cook for 1 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, about 1 minute more. Repeat with remaining pancake batter.
Enjoy & Happy Halloween 2018!
AirCook for You.